Gluten hypersensitivity causes the lining of the gut to waste away with consequential difficulty in absorbing specific and essential nutrients from food (vitamins and minerals).
Noticeable symptoms include:
- weak bones - as a result of deficient vitamins like calcium and vitamin D.
- loose, bulky, smelly stools this is because FAT in your body is also not being absorbed.
- weight loss
- Pins and needles arms or legs due to lack of calcium and magnesium.
Other Causes include:
- an obstruction in the liver.
- If you are taking other drugs which may counter act the up take of gluten.
- low blood pressure
- anaemia - due to lack of iron, folate, and Vitamin B12.
It is important to have a blood test done to confirm that you are intolerant to gluten or have other Vitamin deficiencies.
Management of Coeliacs Disease:
The most important is having a gluten free diet. The majority of superstores specifically cater for a gluten free diet.
The other is having a natural approach to coeliacs disease through osteopathy or ayurveda.
For further information or questions please contact us.