1. Pain in NON PREGNANT women with acute lower back pain -
- Fibroids - benign non cancerous tumours which occur from the smooth muscle layer can cause heavy and painful bleeding.
- Salpingitis -a form of pelvic inflammatory disease which can arise from the vagina or cervix into the uterus, fallopian tubes or other cavities.
- Ovarian cysts or tumours- a collection of fluid surrounded by a thin wall with in the ovary. Some cysts can be cancerous or non cancerous.
- Endometriosis- ectopic menstruation (bleeding outside of the uterus) possibly in to the abdominal cavity, on the uterus, into the fallopian tubes. * PLEASE NOTE there is a possibility that it can cause INFERTILITY.
- appendicitis - Inflammation of the appendix.
2. Pain in EARLY PREGNANCY
- ectopic pregnancy - complication of pregnancy where the embryo implants outside the womb.
- corpus luteum haemorrhage- bursting of a cyst.
3. Pain in LATE PREGNANCY
- ruptured uterus
- pyelonephritis -inflammation of the kidney.
4. BACK PAIN
- Dysmenorrhea -pain during menstruation
- pelvic infection
- pelvic tumours
Before Puberty - Trauma / Abuse , acute leukaemia, precocious puberty (early puberty)
Increased bleeding - Hormonal Imbalance, Secondary to other diseases including fibroids.
Fibroids are benign tumours in the wall of the uterus they can cause abnormal bleeding, shorter menstrual cycle. Treatment usually is hormone treatment to shrink the tumour.
Decreased bleeding - painful periods, hormone imbalance, an increased stimulation causing the womb to go in to spasm.
6. During Reproductive Life
- ectopic pregnancy
- bleeding endometrium
- pelvic inflammatory
7. POST MENOPAUSAL
- Benign or Malignant growths found in Uterus
- Cervix - Benign or Malignant growths, Polyps
- Vagina - Inflammed vagina, benign or malignant growths
* IF YOU ARE POST MENOPAUSAL AND FIND BLOOD IN YOUR URINE WHICH IS NOT PAINFUL WHEN PASSING WATER IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO SEE YOUR GP. IMMEDIATELY.
On an ending note:
Women should regularly have smear tests done starting from the age of 16. It is of great importance as the percentage for young women getting cancer has increased.
Post menopausal women must also have regular checks especially if you are taking or have taken HRT.
Stay informed ladies!
Health & Harmony