There are several reasons as to why people may suffer from hair loss medically known as ALOPECIA.
- Vitamin deficiency (commonly iron deficiency)
- side effects to medications
- constant pulling of hair
- hair styling which pulls at the roots (tight pony tails)
- Hair styling solutions- hair relaxers
- secondary to another health condition - radiotherapy, Lupus
Many have tried various things as a solution - hair replacement, solutions, head massages. The recent trend in using hair extensions does have its drawbacks. Recently in the newspapers there have been articles of the famous model Naomi Campbell showing signs of hair loss however it seems due to overuse of hair extensions the natural hair follicles have been damaged. So young women be aware!
Reflexology is great solution it works on the principle if you stimulate certain acupressure points on the ears, hands and predominantly the feet it will reconcile energetic imbalances that may be causing hair loss or preventing hair growth.
Stress is the number one factor for hair loss and reflexology can lower stress levels by
- promoting deep relaxation
- relief from muscle tension
- improve lymphatic drainage
- improve circulation
- release the 'feel good' hormone endorphins
If you are worried and experiencing any form of hair loss then speak to our qualified Reflexologist Nicola at Health and Harmony. It may be your answer to hair loss!
Health & Harmony