Happy Valentine's Day to you all!
Chocolate - it's tasty, makes you feel good, lovely as a gift and there are so many different types that there is definitely a chance that everyone will find one they enjoy!
However this valentines why not try DARK CHOCOLATE? I hear you say what is so good about it? Some of the important things include:
- It is an anti oxidant powerhouse, similar to those found naturally in fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains.
- Aids lowering blood pressure, improve blood circulation and preventing plaque formation in arteries.
- Prevents cholesterol levels increasing.
- Even though dark chocolate has the reputation of being sweet it has a LOW GI similar to that of oatmeal. AND those who are diabetic if you go in to your local health food shop they sell chocolates designed especially for diabetics.
- Chocolate actually has some vital minerals that you need. - shocking I know!
So when you indulge today don't feel guilty!!
Health & Harmony